07/10/2011

RA-NDOM THOUGHTS - RICHARD'S FIRST ITALIAN MAGAZINE COVER


Yesterday, my day off. In and out from home, franticly coping with the housework to catch up with and  several errands to do. As usual,  I'm terribly busy on my day off. However, I found the time to check my e-mail box and ... SURPRISE: my friend K/V had written something like: "Guess what? Richard is on an Italian magazine cover!" I thought it had to be a picture in Thorin's costume on a movie magazine for a niche. I couldn't guess that it was instead one of the most popular and best-selling magazines of puzzles and rebus, LA SETTIMANA ENIGMISTICA! The magazine which can boast innumerable cases of attempted counterfeit, one of the oldest and widely popular in Italy. We were astonished! I tried to get a copy as soon as I could and I'm now the proud owner of my "first RA Italian magcover"!!!
Italian RA fans, astonished but grateful,  are all ready to buy and collect their own copy of the magazine. Number one of a rich collection, we hope!!!

P.S. The pic I posted yesterday on facebook was taken with iphone and not very good, while this almost perfect scan is by the already mentioned, irreplaceable, if-she-didn't-exist-one-should-invent-her K/V!

P.S. 2 I bet the most frequent comment from the ordinary Italian buyer at seeing RA pic on the front cover will be: "Chi è"?  Meaning : "Who's this handsome man in a tux"? Very few will know the answer, though the name is under the photo. But Richard's fans are so proud to know it. It's just the beginning!

9 comments:

Musa/Fabo said...

Our man is on his way to becoming and international star! First the Mexican movie magazine, now an Italian magazine! I'm so excited for him.

Thank you for the news!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW!!! Thank you, MG! :)
But actually it's my friend Agata who deserves the praise: thanks to her readiness in recognizing RA's face on the cover of La Settimana, we've got a real scoop! :)
xx K/V, trying to post via Firefox

Maria Grazia said...

@Musa/Febo & K/V
Thanks for your comments. Lots of comments on fb too! http://on.fb.me/oF76LU
And by the way K/V, thanks for trying with Mozilla Firefox. As I told you, I don't know why but it has become impossible to comment on blogspot using Explorer. I'm really sorry about that.
Have a great weekend you both!
MG

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so heartening to see Richard's visibility increasing, albeit in small increments. Nobody wears a tux like our beautiful man :)

Jonia's cut said...

Congratulations! Wonderful to see Richard in other papers than UKs! Our Faw fellow is going to be FAMOUS!!!

bccmee said...

This is the first of many Italian magazine covers, I hope!

Maria Grazia said...

@Anonymous
You're right I love his Bafta pics!
@Jonia's cut
Astonishing and wonderful! very few people know him in Italy. I really can't imagine how many but ...I'm so proud of his first cover!
@bccmee
FX!!!
Thanks to all of you for your comments
Have a very good weekend! MG

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Thanks for the news. @prmason

Giorgia (Italy) said...

WOOOW I'm Italian and I'm going to buy it tomorrow!!!! Fantastic Richard!!!!

Mitico!!